Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reciprocity

"Without doing, causing, or making", without meddlesome, combative, or egotistical effort".  That is the essence of Wu Wei, a Chinese element of Taoism as described in the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff.  My most recent painting, Reciprocity, is about simple balance and the principle of give and take.  As I allow myself, my blood, to flow through me as nature intends, if I seek emotional balance by this premise of giving and love, my hate for others, things, and situations will dissipate.  It is balance I seek, and I must trust that my intuition will speak to me through others and through my paintings and present a mirror of my inner nature.  It should flow like water, but the black in life gets in the way.  The mistakes- Hoff says, "Mistakes are made- or imagined - by man, the creature with the overloaded Brain who separates himself from the supporting network of natural laws by interfering and trying too hard."  It is so easy to get caught up in "I".  But if I trust, and I open my heart and tune in to my inner nature, I can be more like the character Winnie the Pooh, and find pure bliss in finding my next pot of honey.  All else must fall into place!  Nature itself is hinged on the idea of reciprocity; living things die so others may survive...That is true power!!

No comments:

Post a Comment