Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's Been A While...
















I have spent quite a while preparing for both my two week residency at the Vermont Studio Center and my solo show at Fountain Street Fine Art Gallery in Framingham Massachusetts. In January, I spent time in Vermont, which proved to be one of the most incredible experiences in my career as an artist. Despite the fact that it was record cold temperatures and spitting snow most of the time, it was a beautiful retreat from life. What an honor it was to be able to spend time in an outstanding studio day after day, hour after hour, painting - in my glory! Here are some of the studio shots...
















Did I mention...the food was incredible! Breakfast, lunch, dinner - Fabulous. Coffee, available around the clock. Supply store, coffee shop, and book store all within walking distance. In the evenings there were presentations from both the residents and the visiting artists and writers. Creativity was at your every step. The Center also had visiting artists and writers who provided critiques for the residents...which I found thought provoking and stimulating. Here I am with some of the new work which I hope to post soon.
















Oh, and you couldn't beat the view from my studio windows!

















Then I came back home and it took me a while to get back to reality. I was living in such a bubble in Vermont, it was great, but now it was time to get back to life as it really is. I had my upcoming show to attend to; pess releases, postcards, emails, phone calls, all those things I avoided while I was gone. But all of my hard work throughout the last year paid off. With an article in the Globe a few days before my show reception, and a great collaborative installation, I was finally able to enjoy my work. Here are some photos from the opening...


















Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment