Wednesday, May 30, 2012

                                            Crossing 30x24  Encaustic

Crossing…this is almost a painting that is offered as a rhetorical question.  It is a precursor to the next painting UndercurrentCrossing is about a shift, a going to the other side...what’s on the other side…opportunity, curiosity, good/ bad?  What about the crossing or the thing crossed on?   Is there risk?  What about falling or failing?  Is there much contemplation? Are we alone? With others? Alive or dead?  Are we moving from a place of safety to a place of uncertainty….a place where there are risks to be taken, but where I have to trust my inner sanctity?  Can I ask others, or is it a time where I have to be self-reliant?  Must I cross alone?

                                          Undercurrent 30x30  Encaustic

Undercurrent is the pulse of the universe in my blood…it gives me my character and stamina. It is what drives me mentally and physically. It is what I use to filter the people, places, and things that distract me from my internal goals. We can usually tell when we are going against this undercurrent…internal dialogue is confused, perhaps speaking a different language, our actions are ill intentioned, and things just aren’t right. We could go on like this for a long time, for some it could last a life time.  I would go so far as to call it the soul.  Some never get in touch with this part of themselves, perhaps a tragedy. Some find it late in life…some are addicted, conflicted and abused and never have the opportunity to tap into that current of their life that could offer them meaning on a whole different level.  I believe it necessary to cross, to be self- reliant when we need to be. We are not separate from the world, we are interconnected with it. There are those who would never think of the soul, and those who resist the undercurrent…but no matter how hard we try to separate the two, it cannot be done. One affects all. And when we are gone, I believe the current continues.  Are you in touch with yours?  Where is it Crossing?

No comments:

Post a Comment