Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fleeting...

Ledges I and II are titled so because of where I find myself these days, at the precipice, the edge, looking onward. The green that is bleeding through to the front of the paintings represents the growth and opportunity that is presenting itself in my life today. But mixed in with these mounting possibilities comes risk, fear, and vulnerability, hence the red. If I don't cross over that ledge, or jump, I will not find what's on the other side waiting for me, the unknown- captured in the white. But it is important to forge ahead and trust in the universe and its plan for me. Time is fleeting, moments come and go. Things are forever changing. Boundaries are crossed, even broken. Things are born, and things expire. Sometimes it seems that nothing is ever really tangible. But I believe that in this transience there is a place for love and humanity and that no matter what happens in my life, looking over that ledge doesn't have to be a solitary experience.
"Transient" 30x30 Encaustic

No comments:

Post a Comment